Rich clarifying cream with Snail Slime extract, for dry and very dry skin.
Loom Crème Clarifiante Riche (Rich Clarifying Cream) for dry and very dry skin, thanks to its innovative formula based on Snail Slug extract (Helix Aspersa Muller), Shea Butter and organic extracts of Oat, Chamomile, Mallow and Witch Hazel gives the skin a radiant and even appearance. Sea lily extract (Pancratium maritimum) acts on the origin of blemishes, regulating melanin production and promoting its reduction, counteracting dry skin blemishes and reducing imperfections, for an even complexion and hydrated, nourished skin.
Loom uses micro-filtered and purified snail slime extract of 100% Italian origin. The secretion is collected passively so the snails are not harmed or inconvenienced. DERMATOLOGICALLY TESTED.
Aqua (Water), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Snail secretion filtrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Butter*, Sorbitan Stearate, Pancratium Maritimum Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract*, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower/Leaf Extract*, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit/Leaf Extract*, Glycerin, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol.
*from organic farming (ICEA Certified)
Apply to well cleansed skin morning and evening and massage in until completely absorbed. External use. Keep out of reach of children. Store the bottle tightly closed away from sources of light or heat.
EFFICACY TESTED IN VITRO AND IN VIVO
Skin spots (dark spots) or skin dyschromia are blemishes that visually consist of areas of the skin with an uneven colour. They are keratinocytes (main cells of the skin), saturated with melanin secreted by 'over-active' melenocytes.
They are characteristic of skin that has aged and/or been damaged by excessive exposure to the sun's rays, of skin that has therefore accumulated severe endogenous stress.
Recent studies have shown that 2 factors are involved in the formation and development of skin spots:
- Action of molecules generated by endogenous stress;
- Action of Neuropeptides (small protein molecules released by nerve cells in response to a stimulus).
The Pancreatium Maritimum extract used in Loom's products is able to act positively on both mechanisms, thus bringing about a lightening action on spots and decreasing the skin's inflammation index.
1. External stress (e.g. sun exposure) generates free radicals and consequently creates stress conditions on keratinocytes.
2. The stress protein p53 is generated and released to activate endogenous cell protection mechanisms.
3. Among other actions, p53 activates POMC (Pro-Opio MelanoCortine), the activation of which is immediately followed by the release of ACTH (adrenocorticotropic hormone a protein hormone), which is partially transformed into a-MSH (Melanocyte-stimulating hormone).
4. a-MSH binds to its receptors on the surface of melanocytes, cells in the dermis specifically intended for melanin production, stimulating the synthesis of melanin itself, melanin that is then transported to the keratinocytes to protect the skin from sunlight and stress.
As a result, the use of Loom clarifying cream with Sea Lily extract can inhibit endogenous stress-induced melaninogenesis.